Thursday, September 01, 2005

In the wake of Katrina

I've been so caught up in watching the news reports coming from New Orleans and the gulf states that I've done little other than write what I can and handle daily tasks. It's difficult to see the hardship and desperation, and it makes a person feel almost guilty to be going through their normal routine--and eating and drinking. I keep thinking about all the things we take for granted, like our beds and toilet paper! Even the smallest comfort is lost to them right now. I pray for those thousands of people that there is immediate help there for them. Already authors are coming up with ways to aid the efforts, and as musicians do, we use our resources. There will be an ebay auction for signed books, with the proceeds going to the Red Cross Disaster Fund. I'll post more when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment