Tuesday, October 11, 2005

favorite books

I unashamedly admit that all my favorite books are romances. I like a good thriller or mystery as much as the next guy, but as for favorites--those books that work their way into my heart and onto my keeper shelf: romances.

I've mentioned that I "clean sweeped" (would that be swept?) my bookshelves last spring. I mailed boxes of books to Dog-Eared Books in Independence Missouri, and gave bags and bags away on freecycle. Also held contests on my website for collections. But I still have my favorites by:

LaVyrle Spencer
Kristin Hannah
Candace Camp/Lisa Gregory
Pamela Morsi
Linda Howard
Sharon Sala
Theresa Weir/Anne Frasier
Laura Kinsale
Catherine Anderson
Jude Deveraux
Maggie Osborne
Alexis Harrington
Deborah Bedford
Megan Chance

I love Judith Ivory, Janet Evanovich, and have ALL the Montana Mavericks and Logans Legacys, as well as many many Harlequin Historicals--written by some of my best buddies. There are more, but those are some of the favorites.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Star! Thanks for posting your own love for the genre.

    I'm holding a contest for an autographed book of your choice. If you want to enter, just send me your email address.

    SaintJohn@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I see your list of favorites has some of mine also!
    No wonder I love your stories!

    some of mine are
    K.Hanna,
    M.Osborne,
    P.Morsi,
    D.Garlock,
    J.Thomas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being almost in tears when LaVyrle Spencer announced she was retiring. I still whine about it from time-to-time. A few months ago, a "new best friend" said "why don't you read Cheryl St. John's books?" Wow! What a treasure hunt I've been on trying to get my hands on your early books. I still miss LaVryle but now when someone asks what to read, I have a new answer for them! Thank you (can you publish faster?!?)Or if you need local input, I'm just across town....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Kathy, thanks for making my millennium. LOL I remember discovering LaVyrle's books and being enamored by her writing and those mesmerizing characters. You couldn't have given me a better compliment. Thank you. Sincerely. Smooooooch!

    Across town? You must email me!
    SaintJohn@aol.com

    ReplyDelete