Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday, Monday

Anyone remember the Mamas and the Papas? We have a radio station that plays all 50s, 60s and 70s music, and it's my channel of choice.

We had a birthday party for my 84 year-old dad yesterday. He is in a care facility which has a very nice community room we reserved for the day. There is a lovely large park area right out back, so there was plenty of room for the kids to play. My brother's 10 year-old daughter and 6 year-old grandson were there, too, so there were 11 kids. (I can't really count my oldest granddaughter as a "kid" anymore, because she's sixteen, but she's one of "my kids.") I will have pictures to post after I meet #2 daughter at the Kodak machine. She's the one with the great camera.

I cheat every other Sunday, so I ate chips and sandwiches and TWO PIECES of chocolate cake! I ordered the cake from Walmart because it was on the way and convenient to pick up on a Sunday: 1/2 white, 1/2 chocolate with buttercreme icing, and do they ever make a great cake! I usually order from Target or HyVee, but I think I have a new favorite bakery. I have a favorite HyVee where the decorators will put anything I want on a cake and are quite talented, so I've always used that one for showers and special events.

I know some of you don't shop at Walmart on principle, so please don't throw rocks. Cookies maybe?

I had the idea of popping off the worn-off keys from my keyboard and switching them out for the ones off another one, but they didn't snap on the same way. Darn. I switched out my keyboard to the last one I used before I got a new PC, because the letters were finally all gone, but this one doesn't have the light touch I like. My fingernails click on the keys too much. Are we spoiled and picky people, or what? LOL I guess I'm going to break down and go keyboard shopping. I'll ask for the 30,000 mile warranty on letters.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cheryl's Daddy. And many more!
    I love cake. Any kind. And that butter creme frosting is delicious.
    We only have a Walmart in Newport. I was there yesterday. As much as I don't like giving them my money I don't have any choice. Besides they had two books I wanted. *g*
    LOL! Yes. Please make sure you get a key warranty.
    "California dreamin.....on such a winter's day..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake = Happy Food.

    And my younger sister yelled at me for shopping at WalMart when I bought her 2 Sudoku puzzle books. I told her it was alright, since they were only $1 each. Also, it's the only place in Southern California where I can find "fat lady" jeans - as in jeans that cover my body and don't show off my butt crack.

    Everytime I see low-rider jeans I have the sudden urge to stalk Britney Spears and smack her simple.

    *sigh* and I love Mama Cass. That woman could flat out sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your dad enjoyed the party and it's ok to cheat once in a while, especially if it's chocolate cake! lol
    I won't shop at Walmart but you are safe. I don't throw rocks and I would never throw cookies! We have a nice Target that I go to.
    You are a writer so you need to have a good keyboard. Go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Dad. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the party was great!

    "Stopped into a WalMart I passed along the way ...."

    No WalMart stones from me - but I don't go near the place. Probably the only reason Newport doesn't have any other place to shop is because WalMart ran all the other stores out of business by undercutting their prices.

    Down off my soap box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. The reason Newport doesn't have anything besides Walmart is because it's a very small tourist town. Most people shop at the expensive shops downtown and visit the mansions.

    ReplyDelete