Friday, September 29, 2006

cowboys, birdies and cake

Yesterday I ripped apart the beginning of my story and rearranged. Then I printed out, read through, edited once more, and today I should be moving forward again. Benjamin and Lorabeth are testing my patience.



It's time for River City Round-Up, a city-wide celebration celebrating our city's roots. Businesses and schools and stores participate. Here's one of Nebraska's tough cowboys.



There was a bird squatting in front of the garage, and this tough guy wouldn't budge past it until I shooed it off into the grass. I came home and it was gone, so it must have found its wings.

This would be a good day for a chocolate cake. Or a bag of M&Ms. Or a box of chocolate frosted doughnuts. Instead I'm going to enjoy my hard-boiled egg and can of V-8 and picture myself slim. But visions of chocolate cake will be swimming in my head...hmmm...maybe Lorabeth could bake one. I'll live vicariously through her.

3 comments:

  1. Cute little cowboy there!

    Yummm...chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cowboy! Wow that event sounds like such fun!! I, too, am in need of some chocolate! Please hurry with that book-- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have me thinking about chocolate! lol

    Yep! That sure is a tough little cowboy! :)

    ReplyDelete