Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cheryl S., First Grader at Heart

What I did today:



(If you've never read a Junie B. Jones book, you wouldn't get the subject line. So, I cracked myself up. LOL) This morning I talked to 25 first graders about writing. I love kids. They're fresh and energetic and quick-thinking. The student teacher told me that this class's favorite place in the room is the writing center. I had them do an exercise and describe the student teacher. It was fun -- and a little wild & crazy. They are first graders, after all.

Blogspot hasn't been letting me upload images this week. This is the only one I've gitten to go through.

6 comments:

  1. I think being able to write and to express yourself well is so important. I wish I was better at doing that. I'm glad the kids like the writing center.

    The Doctor's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked talking to first graders. They say the funniest things.

    Land of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad pic came thru--I was a Reading Assistant for 28 students K-4th 3 yrs ago so know of Junie B, but appreciate the heads up as the reference slipped by me without it! I felt so fortunate that 3 students had really BIG break thrus in their reading abilities and most made good progress. Reading and writing are so KEY to life.
    Kids are wonderful-so forgiving & loving. Am at Headstart for my 3rd year: LOVE art-coloring, painting, working with playdoh; singing nursery rhymes; teaching them to swing, recess; Relearning Spanish this year, sign language last. Lou P C, perpetual student at heart!
    Every Waking Moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blouse!

    Reading to kids is SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Little ones can be so truthful sometimes it is scary. I am sure they enjoyed you being there.

    ReplyDelete