Friday, June 01, 2007

Gracie - in theaters now


It's not just because I'm a huge Dermot Mulroney fan that I think this movie looks great. It's taken from a true story and promises to be a fantastic family film. IMHO, when they make these types of films, the movie-going public needs to support them. The main character, 15-year old Gracie, takes her brother's place playing soccer in 1978, a time when there were no girls' soccer teams. From all appearances it seems to be a classic underdog achiever story where we can root for the characters. Think you'll want to see this one?

5 comments:

  1. I hardly ever go to the movie theater. But I saw this one advertised the other day. It looks like it might be pretty good.

    It will be in my Blockbuster queue for our "movies in the mail" as soon as it's out on video. That's how we watch almost all of the movies we see. It's just so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the Today show. They were talking to the actual woman who is the main character. It did look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like something I might like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was actually wrote by the Shue's, Elizabeth and Andrew, who play the mom and dad and is Elizabeth's story. She actually did play soccer for a boys team. (They were interviewed yesterday on a show I was watching.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to see Gracie in the near future-- as a mom with an avid soccer playing daughter I think that this movie is important for both of us to watch!

    ReplyDelete