Monday, July 28, 2008

The Dinner Date

"Would you like to go out to dinner tonight, dear?"

"You know I would. It's been a long day, foraging for food and flitting about and all."

"Where shall we go?"

"I know this wonderful place that's shaded right about now. They keep the feeders full, and won't disturb us so we can be alone."

"Sounds romantic."

"Oh, it is."

"Well, let's go enjoy ourselves then. You're sure they won't have the sprinklers on?"

"They don't do that until later. Very thoughtful, these feeders."

"You're looking lovely tonight, my dear."

"Don't look now, but the paparazzi have found us."

"Act like you don't see them."

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! I have loads of bird pictures. My favorites are of the hummingbirds that we see when camping in Colorado. They will sit on your finger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love goldfinches. I used to have a feeder right outside my window and I'd watch them forever, they are so entertaining.
    Fussy little piglets, really.

    but my feeder died and I've never replaced it. I think I'll try and get that done before next spring.

    ReplyDelete