Monday, July 07, 2008

Jill Marie Landis - Homecoming

For the first time, Eyes-of-the-Sky prayed to the white man's God.

One look in the mirror told her she was not a Comanche…yet she remembered no other life. She watched the whites who had taken her in after her "rescue," the mother, Hattie, and her handsome son, Joe, and wondered what her life had been like before her childhood abduction. She looked at Joe, who had suffered much and forgave little, and knew longing in her heart.

But questions remained: What am I? Who am I?

Jill Marie Landis weaves an unforgettable story about a young woman adrift in two worlds, and her courageous journey to discovery, belonging and love.…

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book as much as I enjoyed HOMECOMING. It's been a long time since one of my favorite authors wrote a book in my favorite genre and drew me into the characters the way Jill does with this story.

A fish out of water or an underdog are my favorite characters. Jill does it all here: emotional trauma, motivating backstory, worlds colliding, humor and family drama, all wrapped up in her captivating style that takes the reader right into the lives and emotions of her story people.

This is a single title Steeple Hill Historical, which means it's longer, with room to explore the hero and heroine and fleshed out secondary characters.

Jill won RWA's Golden Heart award for her first book, SUNFLOWER. It was published in 1988 and I've been a fan ever since. This is one fangirl who is delighted that JILL MARIE LANDIS returned to her roots in this outstanding western tale of love and faith.

The good news? She has more westerns coming our way!
ORDER A COPY FROM AMAZON

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Cheryl! What can I say but thank you and thank you. What a lovely review! I'm so thrilled you liked HOMECOMING. Not only that, but you took the time to let me know that you did. Thanks so much for the warm welcome to Petticoats and Pistols this month and please send me your latest book! I need a fab read.
    Aloha,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for this book....now I want to find it even more!

    ReplyDelete