Saturday, June 27, 2009

Robots in Disguise

We went to see Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen tonight. With this type of movie I always have to work overtime at suspending disbelief, but I got into it. The names of the Transformers were familiar because we've read the books so many times. The action never stopped. There's humor and excellent cinemetography; the special effects are awesome, and the sound--wowza.

Elijah was in seventh heaven, of course. He's been looking forward to this release. He just got the poster today, and tomorrow it's getting framed and going up over his headboard in his freshly painted room.

Great action flick, but I was a little disappointed in blatant sexual references and the over-the-top sexy way the young women are portrayed. There is some offensive language, as well. The movie would have been as good or better without those factors. There were, of course, a lot of children in the theater.

I have a feeling it's a major movie weekend, so hang on for more.

5 comments:

  1. I have not seen this movie yet, but I did watch the last Transformer movie. My so was big into transformer's when he was young, I still think there are still Transformer's in my attic. I wonder why they put offensive language in this movie, because a lot of kids watch these type of movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demographics. The movie was undoubtedly geared toward males 35-40 something who watched the original transformers...and the 18 to 20s male who is the target for so many movies. So, then of course, they have to have the language and the scantily clad women. Of course, the action's not too bad either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't understand why they have to use all the coarse language and sexual overtones in movies they know children will be watching. I think it is another way of "dumbing down America". I am sure your son is enjoying his poster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a shame about the language and the way the women were portrayed. They really don't need to do that, the kids will come anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is too bad they feel it necessary to inject language and sex into movies they know will appeal to children. I know it is to attract the teen crowd which does speed money. However they are ignoring the larger family crowd they would have if they toned things down.

    ReplyDelete