Friday, December 16, 2011

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Patty Underhill


The Spring and Fall were both a bit sad for us. 
In late May, just a few days before my birthday, we had to say goodbye to my husband’s cat, Brat. She was 16 years old and had cancer. It was difficult to say goodbye, but we couldn’t allow her to suffer. She was a good girl and well loved. 

In October, on Halloween night to be exact, my big sook, Simba had a stroke. He was 16 as well. It really hit me hard and I still miss him every day. He was like my little shadow. We do plan on getting a couple of more cats in the future, but not right away.


 
             
I am sending you our trees for this year. Yes, I said trees. This year we opted to have two. My mother-in-law gave us her tree as she doesn’t set it up anymore since Brent’s father passed away in 2009. She comes and stays with us over Christmas. We’ve made new traditions and blended them with the old. We set our older tree up downstairs in the bar/den area and the Boys decorated it themselves. 

Our other tree we set up in the usual tree spot in the bay window of the living room. It has been weird so far, not chasing one of the cats out from under the tree or trying to get them to not chew on the branches. Silly things never did learn they weren’t real like we had when they were younger.  We miss them terribly, the companionship, the cuddling, but they are in our hearts and never far from our thoughts.
                


Take care this Christmas and enjoy your family. We wish you many blessings and happiness this year and always.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Patty

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome, Cheryl. And, thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your world. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and God Bless Everyone!

    ReplyDelete