Thursday, December 15, 2016

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Ann Lethbridge




I love Christmas. And I love Christmas lights for the tree. Over the years I have bought many many sets of lights for our tree. I especially can’t resist if they are unusual.

One year I bought lights imported from Italy that looked like miniature crystal chandeliers. They were a little iffy, not CSA (safety designation) approved, but they were sooo pretty. They didn’t last long, sadly, they were so delicate and the foil paper around the bulbs made everyone very nervous.

Last year I couldn’t believe my eyes when I spotted a box on a high shelf in the Christmas ornament booth at the Christmas market in downtown Toronto. Bubbling Christmas lights. 
Here they are in all their bubble-licious glory before the tree is dressed.  We will be decorating it fully when all the family is here over coming weekend.

When I was small, I fell in love with these lights on our neighbor’s tree, but they were far too expensive for our family at the time, so I would go next door and sit and watch them bubble. Now finally I had the chance to have a set of the lights I longed for as a child. They are called “retro” being very 50’s and 60’s. Christmas brings out the child in all of us, doesn’t it? Are there things you wanted as a child that you bought as an adult?




Another family tradition we cling to are Christmas Crackers, little foil colored tubes with a snap, motto, paper crowns of assorted colors, and trinket inside.  We sit around the table with crossed arms, holding one between each person and all pull at the same time.  Little bangs go off all around the table along with great hilarity. Needless to say, there is a lot of trinket trading. Everyone is required to wear their paper crown for the rest of the meal. This year my crackers have the theme of the twelve days of Christmas. Here they are in the drum all ready to go.


Do you too have Christmas or Holiday traditions you cling to despite the digital age?


I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!


Award winning author Ann Lethbridge has always loved stories set in the Regency and loves that she can now write her own to entertain others.

I have a story in the Christmas Anthology, It Happened One Christmas.

THREE HEARTWARMING REGENCY TALES OF CHRISTMASES GONE BY!  
CHRISTMAS EVE PROPOSAL by Carla Kelly
Christmas gets more interesting when sailing master Ben Muir takes lodgings with Mandy Mathison! Because when her scandalous past is revealed, only he can save her future…

THE VISCOUNT'S CHRISTMAS KISS by Georgie Lee
Lily Rutherford is shocked to learn the man who snubbed her years before will be staying for Christmas. Can she forgive the viscount in time for a stolen kiss under the mistletoe?

WALLFLOWER, WIDOW…WIFE! by Ann Lethbridge
Penniless widow Cassandra Norton faces Christmas on the run with her two stepdaughters, until Adam Royston sweeps her off her feet and into his country estate!


No comments:

Post a Comment